Professionals in the communications industry and related sectors
needing help due to illness, injury, unemployment or economic
difficulties can qualify for short-term financial assistance.
In addition, NABS offers professional
workshops, private counseling and assistance programs at no
24 Hours HelplineThe 24/7 HELPLINE is your toll-free access to counseling and personal guidance. 1-888-355-5548 in both French and English.
All personal counseling sponsored by NABS is conducted by social workers or psychologists employed by Shepell FGI. We offer four hours of counseling (one hour sessions) for family, work related or psychological issues. If more help is needed, an application will be made to NABS by Shepell FGI.
- Family Related Issues: Child-care, children's issues, domestic violence, early family events, elder care or financial stress.
- Work Related Issues: Addictions, balancing work and family, career counseling, conflict in the workplace, organizational change, work related demands and stress.
- Psychological Issues: Anger, anxiety, depression, medical, traumatic event, self esteem and suicidal ideations
Shepell·fgi is the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service provider for NABS Canada and our regional chapters – NABS West (Vancouver) and BEC (Montreal). Delivering immediate and confidential help for any concern, Shepell·fgi offers solutions for a wide range of life's challenges and is one of the largest EAP providers in the world.
Shepell·fgi's highly qualified, experienced and caring professionals help you select a support option that works best for you. Shepell·fgi can help you: Achieve Well-Being, Manage Relations and Family, Find Child and Elderly Care Resources, Get Legal Advice, Get Financial Guidance, Deal with Workplace Challenges, Tackle Addictions, Improve Nutrition and Focus on your Health.
Career Management / Counseling / Coaching
Everyone who works has natural career cycles of stability, change and specific needs that require periodic attention. Many careers can be improved by changing jobs, and a regular checkup can help prevent problems before they occur.
A NABS Career Checkup is designed to help you feel more confident and knowledgeable about managing your career -- whether you're employed or unemployed. NABS career counseling provides you with:
- A transferable skills assessment
- Tips on how to write an effective resume
- Strategic planning to help you with interviews and networking
We offer four hours of counseling for matters such as:
- Money management and budgeting
- Techniques for maintaining financial goals
- Credit counseling for orderly payment of debt
- Advocacy with creditors
- Dealing with a layoff
- Debt management and bankruptcy